Baptism of the Lord






As the advent season finishes with the Baptism of the Lord. It gives us time to reflect on how we can become better human beings.
New Year, New Me , move forward with all the good things about yourself and leave the not so good behind.  Reflect on being born again with no flaws or imperfections, strive to be the best you can.
Remember: Only good comes from Love , Love is patient , Love is kind, Love is understanding , Love is forgiving , Love is caring, Love is worship, Love is adoring.

Starting with this in my mind, I realised I hadn't crocheted anything to do with my faith or explored sharing this wonderful gift with any of my Christian friends.  I hope to find as many patterns as I can that relate to being a Christian, I will share them, make them and gift them.

The picture above shows a crocheted shell ,the pattern can be found in the magazine "Simply Crochet" Issue 20 by Cara Medus, it is also great to use as part of your Jesse Tree Set. Cara Medus also has a crochet Nativity Set at Ravelry.com

You could also make The Three Wise Men by Sara Huntington you can find her pattern at Ravelry.com and in Simply Crochet Issue 25

It is always good to be prepared for next advent and gives you time to reflect on your faith.


I would like to leave you with a line from Proverb 31 which I reflect on whilst working on my projects.
              31.13 "She selects wool and flax, she does her work with eager hands"


As our World becomes more broken, I have gifted a peace prayer that you may like to say.
Prayer for Peace - written by Pope John Paul II

"Lord Jesus Christ, who are called the Prince of Peace, who are yourself our peace and reconciliation, who so often said "Peace to you", grant us peace. Make all men and women witnesses of truth, justice and brotherly love. Banish from their hearts whatever might endanger peace. Enlighten our rulers that they may guarantee and defend the great gift of peace. May all peoples on the earth become as brothers and sisters. May longed-for peace blossom forth and reign always over us all."
                                                                                                                                        Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cross in a Heart

Prayer Shawl for Lent